How Do You Spell "Thug?"

How Do You Spell "Thug?"

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Character vs. Chicanery

Ready for a sardonic laugh of the day?  Here it is, as YOUR Senators "debate" the establishment of the United Soviet States of Amerika (USSA) by using "Health care Reform as a hammer and sickle:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God." -text of the Congressional Oath of Office, given by EVERY U.S. Senator and 1/3 of the House at the beginning of each new congress.
So, Mrs. Landrieu, Mr. Nelson, Mr. Reid, Mr. Merkley, Mr. Wyden, et al:  how's that oathy-sweary-by-God-y thing workin' for ya?  Especially that pesky "defend the Constitution" clause...you know, that antiquated Document signed by the founders of this country?  Darn scrap of paper keeps gettting in the way of real progress, don't it? 
I find it ironic that the Constitution uses a mere 4,400 words to establish the greatest country on earth, and Senator Reid's "Obamacare" bill needs 40,000 to destroy it.

Are there no rails, feathers and tar in D.C.?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it coherent and Clean: my Mom reads this blog.

Blog Archive

Followers